The following pet policy outlines the conditions under which guests may stay with pets in the chalets at Inyathi Guest Lodge 38 Trotter Street.
- A maximum of 2 smaller domestic pets (under 20kgs) are allowed in our One, Two and Three Bedroom Chalets, but unfortunately the studio chalet is not suitable for pets.
- A Damage Deposit may be required depending on breed and behaviour.
- Pets must be kept under control and on a lead in any public or communal areas.
- Pets should not be left alone in the property for more than 3 hours at a time. Guests must also ensure that their pets will not cause damage to the property if they are left unsupervised.
- The chalets are serviced every second day; pls ensure pets are not left in chalet or garden without supervision, whilst staff are servicing the room.
- All pets staying at the property must be vaccinated and be free of fleas and worms or other diseases etc.
- Pets must not be allowed to foul inside the rooms. Any pet faeces must be removed immediately from the garden or outside areas and disposed of hygienically.
- As part of this agreement, guests must ensure their pets do not cause a nuisance to other guests or neighbours. This includes excessive noise (this is in accordance with Knysna Municipality By-Laws). If there are complaints made by other guests (or guests wish to leave early due to problems with animals on site). Inyathi Guest Lodge reserves the right to claim reimbursement from loss of income, from pet owning guests and/or to apply this deposit to reimburse said guests.